Children can engage in a variety of behaviors that can impede their ability to learn, grow and socialize. Many children require a behavioral assessment to understanding the function (purpose) of their behaviors.
Children’s Wellness Company can deliver the following behavioral assessments to children and adults :
- Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA)
- Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VBMAPP)
Social Skills Assessments
When maladaptive behaviors are observed, a Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) should be completed. An FBA contains several steps including:
- An interview with teachers/aides or parents
- Record reviews
- Directly observing the child
- Identifying and defining behaviors
- Collecting data (frequency, duration, and ABC)
- Analyzing data
- Creating a hypothesis to the function of the maladaptive behaviors
- Implementing an individualized behavior intervention plan (BIP)
A common misconception is that a Functional Behavior Assessment is an intervention, when it is actually a process or tool for understanding the function (purpose) of behavior. The results of an FBA will assist in creating an effective Behavioral Intervention Plan (BIP).
At Children’s Wellness Company, we offer behavioral assessments to self pay clients, those this assistance, with insurance and for other agencies alike. To learn more about our behavioral assessments service, contact us at 305-310-4245 or you can email us.
You must be logged in to post a comment.